WordPress makes it easy to temporarily deactivate a plugin without losing any settings, or to completely delete a plugin. Deactivating a plugin, and deleting a plugin are two different things.
Deactivating ZodiacPress will not remove all the ZodiacPress data, settings, nor interpretations text. Deactivating a plugin is useful when you are debugging something, but this does not delete the plugin settings or data. On the other hand, deleting a plugin deletes the plugin (and should completely remove all settings and data for the plugin).
To delete and completely uninstall ZodiacPress, including removing all of its settings, astrology interpretations, and data from the database, do this:
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to ZodiacPress –> Settings.
- Click on the Misc tab.
- Check the box for “Remove Data on Uninstall” and then click “Save Changes.”
- In your WordPress dashboard menu, click “Plugins” to go to the Plugins page.
- Click the “Deactivate” link below the ZodiacPress plugin title.
- Click the “Delete” link that appears below the plugin title after you deactivate it.
- Click the “Yes, Delete These Files” button.